||Sto. Niño, Guiuan Eastern Samar
||Nonita S. Cabacaba
||(055)271-2583 / (+63)917-715-1255
||Donated Under Tax Declaration No. 409001
|Status of Land Ownership
||Owned by BFAR
||Marine Aquatic Zone
||Aquaculture and Coastal Resource Management
|Distance from highway:/town proper, etc. (km)
||312 kms from Tacloban by land and
92 nautical miles from Tacloban by boat
RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION PROJECT
- Previous and Completed Projects
- Settling, growth and survival of wing oyster (Pteria penguin) in Carigara Bay
- Settling, growth and survival of abalone larvae (Haliotis asinina) in substrate with corraline red algae and substrate with diatom.
- Culture of abalone at different stocking densities in multi-layered cages integrated in existing Eucheuma farms.
- Feed preferences, growth and survival of abalone (Haliotis asinina) fed with selected seaweed species.
- Effect of limb removal on the molting and growth of Portunus pelagicus and Scylla sp.
- Reproductive condition and spawning season of pearl oyster (Pinctada maxima) using gonad biopsy.
- Spawning, larval rearing and growth of blue swimming crabs (Portunus pelagicus) with some notes on population parameters.
- Development of hatchery protocol for black tiger grouper (Epinephelus fuscoguttatus).
- Spawing and larval rearing of scallop (Comptophallium radula)
- Development of hatchery protocol for blue swimming crab (Portunus pelagicus)
- Development of hatchery protocol for pearl oyster (Pinctada maxima)
- Broodstock development of tiger grouper (Epinephelus fuscoguttatus)
- Guiuan Bangus Central Hathery
- Giant Clam Hatchery
- Phycology Laboratory
- Pearl Culture Demonstration Farm
- Sea cucumber Hatchery
- Abalone Hatchery
- Seaweed Nursery Farm
- Blue Swimming Crab Hatchery
- Fish Health Laboratory
- Farmers and Fisherfolks Information and Technology Service Center